Sunday, July 5, 2015

50th Anniversary

The Grateful Dead turns 50. Does anyone "give a shit?" Probably all the Trustifarians attending the shows. No one else. Maybe some guy named "Dick" that's still  living in Grandma's Basement in The Haight.

Fuck Those Guys. "Dick" and His Basement, Trey "What's-His-Name" and whomever else shows up on that 20'x40' set of risers.

Me? I'd rather listen to Jimmy Herring, The David Nelson Band or Kark Karan. Little Feat as well. Ryland Cooder, John Hiatt or David Lindley. Right now, Jimmy Herring's on the platter. Sheeit, there are plethora better bands out there than the Grateful Dead. Not that I don't "like" them. I've certainly spent enough time listening to/working for the mugs.

Truth be told, I'd rather be watching an S.F. Giants Baseball Game than being at a Grateful Dead Show.

I "remember where I was when Jerry died" and all that Groovy Shit but, I find less fascination with those happenstances than I used to.

Tear it up, you Fuckers. Rake in the Last Cash-Out and go the fuck home.

Via con pedos...

Jimmy:



Peace, Love and Duck Butter,
-Doc  

No comments:

Post a Comment