Sunday, July 10, 2016

AMPS AND GUITARS

I am a "Recreational Player." I don't like "Performing" and I don't take requests. I play because I enjoy it. That said, what I require Amps and Guitars to "do" is simple; Reproduce sound, authentically. I recently bought a Kustom 2x12", 100w, DFX Series amp for $100.00. (A Steal) It is a nice "Workingman's Amp." It does what I want it to and is Louder Than Hell. It was made in about 2003. It is WAY TOO LOUD for my 500 sq. ft. apartment. It has some "fairly crappy" on board effects that I couldn't care less about, since I own a Roland Workstation and condition sound with that unit. I only use one other sound modifier, a Boss PS-3 Stomp Box. The best box Boss ever made, as far as I care. Boss ended up splitting "what that box does" into about 5 other boxes. They make more money. The PS-3 was just "too good." Allot of guys would eat a mile of shit to get me to sell that box to them. It ain't gonna' happen, at any price.

                                                         Kustom 100 Quad DFX:



Roland VS-840




Boss PS-3 Stomp Box:


1996 Korean Made Epiphone Custom Shop '57 Les Paul Jr. Re-Issue:


1959 Magnatone Varsity Lap Steel:



My Magnatone is Dark Green (Emerald) M.O.T.S. "Pearloid." 


I have another Magnatone Dickinson Lap Steel but, it's a "project. It's a late 1940's guitar. Balls for days. I need to have it routed out and new electronic connections installed at some point. I also own a Crate "practice amp," 15w, 1x8" speaker, no frills, a Fender Bassman Cabinet, also a project and some other junk in various stages of repair... "Creatively Wasting Time." 

Doc 




No comments:

Post a Comment