Sunday, August 7, 2016

DELIVERY GUY

Sometimes, the people that deliver your packages are lacking in Social Graces. They were either: Raised by Voles, had to hack it out on their own and figure life (and all manners) out, a' solo. Neither of those two (or more) methodologies seem to have worked out well for them. The other day, I ran in with one of those Savages. Webster defines a Savage in an unkind and inhumane manner. The French are less kind, as are many other Cultures. Americans seem to accept the behavior with a grain of salt and acceptance. I do not and usually become surly or sarcastic. I suspect "being raised by Voles" to be either uncomfortable, unpleasant or both. The smell alone must be awful, I would guess.

The other day, I had a guy that had a "Scent of Vole Familial" about himself. Months back, I was passing a couple of guys that were pouring a cement Driveway. The "Lead Man" asked asked if: "I was the guy that had been sen to help he and his Co-Worker?" He said: The Boss said he was going to send some guy: "In a Stupid Looking Hat." (I was wearing my Jerry Garcia Ballcap. (I doubt he knew what the cap was) The Signature Orange  Hand Print on a Blue Cap.) Rather than "react," I simply replied: "...Wrong Stupid Looking Hat, I guess.." He didn't seem to know what to say.

Stupid/Mean/Obnoxious/Offensive People don't seem to have much in the way of thoughtful or well considered replies and/or statements. I'm fairly sure that their initial response is: "confusion." (Or, it's' a good guess,' anyway.)

As he was delivering my package, (Un-Professionally), A Birthday Gift from my Brother, his question to me was:"I bet you've waiting around for this all day, huh?" A sarcastic tone in his voice was noted. I recognized his voice and tone as: The  Rabid Vole-Guy From The Cement Pour.

Lucky for me, it was a very nice Parcel and I was pleased  to have received it. Much better than being treated like: "A Guy In A Stupid Looking Hat." What was in the Parcel?



Better to make Short Work of Mister Rabid Vole and open the package, huh?

I got that: "I've done time in Prison/Daddy Locked Me In The Woodshed" vibe from the guy.

I got to go to "Gladiator School' when I was a Kid. Much better to get it out of the way, early. I've "gotten over it." Glad it didn't turn me into a Sociopath.

Being Considerate of, Kind to Others is: "Its' Own Reward." Being Aggressively Rude to people would be the obverse. I simply "dismiss" the latter and move on.

-Doc

No comments:

Post a Comment