Thursday, February 19, 2015

Boredom and Pinched Nerves

I wasn't expecting this "pinched nerve" thing in my lower back to last as long as it has. It's been two weeks running now. Just can't "shake" it. Been taking it easy, been on a couple of forced marches to see if that might help. It didn't, really. I seem to remember this kind of thing happening in the past and it just sort of "was gone when I woke up" one day. That could happen anytime now and it'd be fine with me. A guy can only take so much Tylenol. Like: 500mg every 6-8 hours, unless you want to become a liver/kidney transplant candidate. Acetaminophen is bad stuff. Stay away from it if you can. If you can't, drink LOTS of liquids. Keep your whole system fluid. That is to say: "Dynamic." Keep everything moving.

Stretch. Gently. Don't try to "force" anything. Move slowly and deliberately. Find something to occupy your mind.

Getting "Old" sucks. The option is far worse.


I was at these shows. Alpine Meadows/Valley, Wisconsin, 1989. My final "Tour." Mostly, I was: "Just along for the ride." I could have seen any of the shows for free. I just didn't care that much. I was getting out of the van in Pittsburgh. 5 Hippies from Park City, Utah, go on a Grateful Dead Tour in a 1 ton Ford van. Three of them end up hating each-other. One guy's $400.00 tent (with all his gear inside) gets stolen. 1 Other Guy, Your's Truly, gets thrown out of a show in Minneapolis for accidentally wandering into a "restricted area." I know better, just got lost is all. The College Frat Security Guys didn't give a shit. I would never go to another show, ever. Go figure.

I wouldn't go to the 50th Year Patchouli-Fest in Chicago this year, for all the B.J.'s in Phuket. I'll leave that to the Trustafarians.

-Doc



No comments:

Post a Comment