Monday, March 28, 2016

"PUT YOUR SHOES AND SOCKS ON PEOPLE...

...IT'S RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER!"

https://youtu.be/vGLVWnouFX8

April Fool's Day, that is. Tom and Tomasina Foolery all over the place, ensuing. I'll have to find a couple of good gags to spring on The Unsuspecting.

Yesterday, Easter. Tomorrow, The World. WHISKEY AND BACON FOR EVERYBODY!

Sorry about the ALL CAPS but, I get excited about pork fat and fermented grains.

Bought a New To Me cassette deck last week. $15.00 at the thrift store. $199.00 retail. Like new condition, not "smoked out" and very clean, almost "new." I recorded 180 minutes of music with it yesterday. Primus albums, to play in the Walkman. Yes, I still have a Sony Sports Walkman. Satisfied with results. This machine replaces another JVC unit that had "seen better days." I will stick with using cassette tapes until "they" quit making blank tape. JVC TD-W354 "B". Entry Level Machine. Does everything I need it to do.



I will also keep spinning Vinyl until forever. Maybe beyond. Are there LP Records in Heaven or whatever the next Celestial Carnival Ride is?

Next on the list for replacement: A new Integrated Amplifier, low power model. I don't need anything more than 2 channel, 90w per side. I do have a GIGANTIC Japanese Issue Sansui Amp that I could run, in my storage cubby. I should fire it up and make sure it's still usable.  Those dinosaurs never die and the older units have amazing sound reproduction. The Model 90000-S, like I have, especially. Europeans go Apeshit over them, I hear. Germans in particular. Which, I find "weird," Since they themselves make really nice dedicated amps. B&O, Telefunken, etc..

Cold storm moving through tonight/tomorrow. Low 40's forecast for early hours of morning. Warming up again through Friday, which is the day I "care about." Errands to run, picking up a guitar that's in the shop, grocery shopping, goofing off, etc..

Goofing off. That sounds great!

-Doc







No comments:

Post a Comment