Monday, August 31, 2015

THIS WEEK'S MILLION DOLLAR BRAIN FART

"Hey, I know! Kids! Let's put on a SHOW!" - Mickey Rooney

Nah, fuck that. Let's make scaled-down-wall-hanging-sized canoe paddles out of driftwood. I'll be rich and famous in a heartbeat. Or not. As I was explaining to my Brother: "It's not so much a 'commercial venture' as it is just Something To Do." My Landlord's always telling me to: "Stay out of trouble." This just might be the Winter Project that the cat drug in...

The way I have it figured, #1: Drift wood is free, I already have the Dremel Tool and a scad of attachment wheels, burling tools and what have ya' so, "why not?" #2: Nuthin' but free time on my hands anyway so, "why not?" #3: Fall and then Winter aren't going to "stop" because I'm bored so, "why not?" Lots of other "why not's" hanging around.

Just a quick note here. I case you thought I might have stopped banging away at this dead horse or something.

"Why NOT?" is kind of a basic philosophy in this neck o' the woods during Winter. If ya' don't have a dog or a steady Girlfriend, you're going to need something to keep from going nuts. "Fun" has to be imported.

-Doc

Note: After some basic market research, I discovered that the small paddles are being produced by Froggy Native Women in some Gawd Forsaken Sweatshop, somewhere, for about $10.00, with a canoe! So, there pops that bubble... I'd end up making about $0.50 an hour if I made them and let somebody else sell them. Of course, I'll still make one of my own, from nice wood, to hang on my wall. No Anchovy Ranch is complete without a good assortment of Nautically Themed Knick-Knacks.  



No comments:

Post a Comment