Tuesday, October 6, 2015

BOOTS VERSUS CONCRETE

Concrete wins, every time. Makes your hips and knees hurt, balls of your feet, etc.. Walking is good for you but...

Yesterday was "interesting." Met a Navy Vet that needed to find the Vet's Center and wasn't real happy about being "lost." New Kid In Town. From Bedford, Mass.. I would be lost in Bedford, I suppose. I was lost in some town in New Jersey once. I found the beach. You can't get "lost" while facing the Ocean. There are only two ways to go.

Another good place to "get lost" is Alaska. Hopefully, you're smart enough or have enough tools to find your way back "out." Listening for water or cars usually works pretty good. All water flows to the sea and all cars lead to a road or Village. Alaska is pretty big though. It might take you a couple of days/weeks to find either of the afore mentioned egresses.

I got lost in a City Park here in town, for about 15 minutes. Just missed that "left turn to Albuquerque" as Bugs Bunny might say. All ya' have to do is "turn around" and follow your boot prints.

I'm taking the day off from walking today. I think I'll do the laundry and vacuum the house, instead. Sounds exciting, huh?

At least I won't get lost.

Kisses,
-Doc

(And: "Yes, it's Ginger Baker's Daughter." I own this album.)

  

No comments:

Post a Comment