Wednesday, October 7, 2015

LIPS AND FLOWERS

Both are good. Both "speak." Both say what language cannot. Kisses. Scent. Both to be valued above words. My favorite neighbor likes both.

Music is a close second. Art an arguable third. Unless it's "Bad Art." Is there such a thing? My Wife liked to exclaim: "Fuck Art, let's DANCE!"

She was an Artist. A Metalsmith and Working Jeweler. And, a pretty good Dancer. Except when she did "that cotton picking dance thing." I have no idea what the origins of that dance are. It sort of looks like she was picking up loose change from the floor. My dance moves have their origins in Grateful Dead concerts and some annual mushroom festivals. One of which was the result of a wet floor slip and a sink being removed from a wall resulting in an "upside down waterfall." Oh, well. It was a great dance move. Mostly: A "wet sort of wiggle." Use your imagination. I was dressed as Zippy The Pinhead. It was Halloween.

I don't usually participate in Halloween Festivities. Kids are lucky if I remember to buy candy. I sure as Hell don't go to bars and have to watch other people's costumes do what they do. I'd rather have a tooth pulled.

The fog is still here. Which is odd. I would think that it has cooled off inland by now. Usually, we get fog out here, on the Coast, when its' 90 degrees out there. Maybe it still is.

As stated yesterday: "Day off from walking." Laundry and Housekeeping, instead. The Marketing is done.

Maybe Lips and Flowers, too. Right now, coffee and a cigar are on the menu...

-Doc







  

No comments:

Post a Comment