Thursday, April 14, 2016

LET'S GO RESCUE GRANDMA!

I may be going on a trip soon. To the delightful City of Costa Mesa, Ca.. I'm kidding, there's NOTHING "delightful" about Costa Mesa. The trip, however, IS a possibility. I have been asked, by a Dear Friend, to do my best Silent Bob Hard Ass Routine to help out with a bad situation that involves his Mom and an Evil Nephew. I'm good at Silent Bob, Hard Ass. All that's required of someone performing said act is to stand at Parade Rest, blank expression and stare at an imaginary hole in The Other Guy's Forehead. No words. Ever. An occasional blink is allowed. It makes people nervous and questioning of The Performer's motives. Which, is the point. LEO's will take care of The Dirty Work. I just have to stand there and look vaguely menacing. At any rate, it would be nice to get out of town and remember all the reasons that I don't live in Southern California. My Buddy will hate the traffic. I'm sure we'll find acceptable Alternate Routes of travel.

As I was coming home from The Mall and a Motorcycle Cafe' and Classic Cycle Showroom kind of place, taking a badly inked T-Shirt back for exchange yesterday afternoon, I noticed that the wind had kicked up to about a steady 20 kts. and a storm front was advancing. By the time I got back to The Neighborhood, it was gusting 40 and looking increasingly dark. It took about an hour for the red band of radar indication to reach here. I dialed it up on Weather Underground's long range site and saw that we were: "in for a pound." Of Dog Shit. It rained really hard, that "sideways" kind of rain, for about an hour or so and then settled into a fairly steady rain for the rest of the night. It's still raining. Which is "why" I went out to run errands yesterday. The main thing was to get the shirt turned in and buy some snack food. Mission accomplished. Nothing to do today but wade through some crap in the closet and tidy up The Ranch a bit. Listen to some music and vacuum the floors. The usual Self-Helpful Heloise Routine.

Russian Tea and a couple of cigarettes @ 04:00. Also usual. I'll lay back down, of course. It's "Good Sleeping Weather" outside. More words, later.

My Carpal Tunnel and Tendinitis stuff is giving me pain in my left arm/wrist/fingers. Delightful.

-Doc

A good Warren Set:





    

No comments:

Post a Comment