Saturday, April 30, 2016

LITTLE DONALD CROSSES THE BORDER

"I felt like I was crossing The Border." -Donald Trump 04.28.2016 Sometime P.M.

There was a Riot. People got hurt. The Donald had to scuttle about for an alternative escape route.

Well, congratulations, Don. You just "lost" Southern California. My God, what a DICK! He reminds me of Nixon but, dumber and more dangerous.

<End of Political Rant>

Very rarely do I ever get: "Political." For me, it's allot like watching Reality Television. So, fuck that shit. Somebody else can get upset about it. I seem to like saying: "If it doesn't happen within 6 feet of me, doesn't bite, explode or stink, I don't care about it."

Yesterday, I found an "almost NITB" (New In The Box) pair of Asolo Hiking Boots at a thrift store that benefits an animal rescue shelter around here. My perfect size (11 Narrow) and maybe worn for part of a Summer and put away. The "problem" and ostensible "reason" that someone donated these boots is that: When they stored them, the laces actually "rusted" to the bottom "Speed Lacing Clips" and were, previous to meeting my Leatherman Supertool, immovable. I freed them up, loosened the laces, trimmed them and put the boots on. It was like they were made for me. These boots, list price, Retail Brick and Mortar Store, will set you back about $200.00. I know where to get them for about $50.00 less. What did I pay yesterday? $7.00. Some Rich Person didn't care to take the time to fix the lacing problem and donated them. I LOVE Stupid Rich people. And thrift stores. These boots are no longer being made by Asolo (my favorite boot company, by the way. I own two other pairs of their boots.) and are also Gore-Tex, which my other Asolo Boots, are not. The other things I bought at the thrift store were a fishing hat for my Buddy, Stephen and a "Waybacks" (A Band) CD. All said and done, I was out of the thrift store for less than $10.00. Only because I had other stuff to do. Like: Go to Safeway and get a frozen pizza, some dessert (A Boston Cream Cake) and some Decaf Soda Pop. Sunkist Orange and A&W Root Beer. I rarely drink soda. It just sounded good.

 Took some shots of my neighbor's 1931 Crown Victoria Touring Car yesterday.  He had it out parked on the street with its' new "For Sale" sign on it. Ready to go inland to a car show where he hopes to sell it. I'm guessing that it's a ball park figure: "$20K Car." I LOVE Old Cars, too. I've owned a few. A 1948 Dodge Custom Touring Sedan (D-24 with a '53 Driveline) and a 1952 IHC 1 Ton Flatbed Truck, just to name a couple. The list of cars I've owned in my life would take up the rest of this page.

Nice day here yesterday. Typical "Southern Northwestern Spring Weather." Windy, a bit chilly, some drizzle, brief moments of sun and the occasional Cherry Blossom. Rhododendrons are also in bloom. The Stellar's Blue Jays are back. As are many of the migratory birds that frequent the Northeastern Pacific Flyway. I'm smack dab in the middle of that Aeronautical Highway. You can tell what the season is doing just by noticing which birds are in town.

I also picked up a Lifetime California State Parks Discount Pass yesterday for $3.50. Because I qualify for "Disabled Status." I'll be 62 years old in a couple of months, too. Lots of people lost money on their bet that I'd never see this age. Fuckers.



Love, Milk and Cookies,
-Doc





No comments:

Post a Comment