Tuesday, May 31, 2016

GORILLA SAVES & PROTECTS BOY, KEEPERS KILL GORILLA

I'm not a big fan of Zoos, Aquariums (Seaworld type) or any other "Animal Prisons." If I want to see animals, I put on my hiking boots and go find some. They don't need to be exotic or from out of the country or anything, just "Animals." Birds are cool, especially Raptors of ANY kind. I've rescued a couple of Salamanders from drainage ditches (so they wouldn't end up in the bay) and I like seeing Coyotes, Mountain Lions (from a distance), Bears, Wolverines, Possums, Skunks, Foxes, Raccoons, etc. (also from a distance) and just about everything else that walks, lopes, cantors or slithers.

Fish are another matter. I'll kill, gut and eat just about anything that are in the Phylum Chordata, particularly Oncorhynchus nerka. Sockeye Salmon to you. Kings and Coho are also on the wanted Dead poster. The Cook in me likes them sauteed, baked or pan fried. All with garlic and lemon, black pepper, perhaps Rosemary and of course, butter. Unsalted. None of the Fancy Frenchy Vomit on my fish, Pal. People that do things like put Hollandaise Sauce on fish should be shot and fed to rabid dogs. No sympathy for pretentious Chefs, here. The only things Hollandaise is good for is fertile eggs and Asparagus.    

What I cannot abide is the Anthropomorphization of Wild Animals, locking them up in cages, giving them Human Names and occasionally popping one in the head with a rifle because there was a 10% chance that it might just harm a Dumb Kid that fell into its' enclosure/cell block. I must, rather morbidly, admit that I enjoied the Hell out of the story out of San Francisco where the Teenagers got chewed on (one killed) for taunting a Bengal Tiger. It's not "nice" to throw things at animals with 3" fangs that can climb a 20' tall cement wall. The news from their neighborhood was that they were Privileged, Obnoxious, Little Assholes, anyway. The only animals I enjoy taunting are dogs that already KNOW that they're going to get The Treat anyway. I guess that's not really "taunting." More like a game of: "Button, button, who's got the Button?"

After I checked out Scientific American's "reprint policy" I determined that it might be better to simply provide a link to today's tragic murder of a "wild animal" (which it wasn't, since it had been bred in captivity and was pre-destined to spend its' whole life behind bars.) and the Public Outcry of that action. To wit:

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/guest-blog/why-was-harambe-the-gorilla-in-a-zoo-in-the-first-place/

I used to Love going to the San Francisco Zoo, which was right down the block from where I was a Nipper, to walk around gawking at the great animals there. "Leo" (his Slave Name) the Lion was probably my all time favorite. Every day, at a prescribed time, they'd "feed" the Lions. The Keepers would open a sliding door at the rear of the indoor enclosure and Leo and his Buddies would charge in, ROARING and scare the crap out of the Old Ladies From Iowa. I got so used to it, I laughed at them. Then, there was the Chimpanzee that would fling its' excrement at onlookers, for no particular reason. My Uncle, Brother and I knew better than to stand too close to THAT cage, after turning our "Elephant Key" at the box. Elephant Key? Google it yourself. If you don't know what it is, you're NOT from San Francisco.

The LAST time I went to the S.F. Zoo, formerly named Fleischhacker Zoo, after its' Founder, I was truly depressed. It was about 10 years ago. I'll NEVER go there again. The Elephants, Rhino's, Camels, etc., other large animals, were GONE. There was a very depressed Snow Leopard across the way in a TINY CAGE. A couple of Ocelot's that seemed vaguely suicidal and Cougars, Hyena's, etc., that I'm sure would have also given a .357 a Blow Job, provided half a chance.

I learned to swim at Fleishhacker Pool. It was The Largest Outdoor, Heated, Saltwater, Pool, In The World, when it was built to provide a Training Pool for American Athletes, in preparation for the 1936 Olympics. Johnny Weismuller (Tarzan) trained there for those Olympics. You know, the one in Berlin. When Hitler got to find out that White men Can't Run Fast, Jump High or Long and are basically Second String Players (Apologies to Larry Bird and Bill Walton) on Basketball Courts. Basketbal wasn't part of the '36 Olympics. (I don't really care one way or the other about Basketball.) Jessie Owens sure the Hell was, though. Nice going, Adolf. You're the Turd in The Aryan (sic) Punchbowl. So much for your Superhuman Theory, Johnny One Ball. Ever since those Olympics, White People, everywhere, have been resentful and/or jealous of African American Athletes. Tough shit, Crackers.

Personally, I don't give a shit. My Family is Ashkenazim, Catholic, Non-Denominational, possibly a tad Lutheran. I'm pretty darned White. I get sunburned just looking out of the window. I'm totally kidding about other White People being "resentful." "Jealous" is spot on though. I was just happy to see the Nazi's get their noses rubbed in cat shit. Not that I was around in 1936. My Mom wasn't even born yet, f'er cryin' out loud.

I watched "Inglorious Basterds" again, last night. A Quentin Tarantino WW2 Spaghetti Western? Go figure.

Hans Landa: "Oooh! That's a Bingo! Is that how you say it? That's a Bingo?"

Aldo Raynes: "Nah, ya' just say 'Bingo'."

In "Bad Human" news today: http://www.democracynow.org/2016/5/31/in_historic_ruling_ex_dictator_of?utm_source=Democracy+Now%21&utm_campaign=7ebc21bb51-Daily_Digest&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_fa2346a853-7ebc21bb51-191784077

.כל הכבוד, אידיוט

-Doc

p.s.- Giants over Atlanta 4-0. 1 game apiece in a four game series. This is kind of "what happens" when a team with an average twice that of "the other team's" go head to head.

No comments:

Post a Comment