Sunday, May 29, 2016

LATER, THAT SAME DAY...

Today being Actual Memorial Day, I am sitting around The Ranch, recording some music (Mike Keneally), listening to some Very Old Tape Of Myself, making two pots of coffee (a 25 oz. French Press) and watching the trees. Pygmy Redwoods and Mixed Firs, NOT Dancing like Spastic Jack-In-The-Boxes as they have been over the last few days. A couple of interesting "wind events" have happened over the last week or so. Nice and "mostly calm," 70-ish today. Glad to not be out on the water. There are Tuna out there, about 200 miles "out there." Maybe a bit closer, if the wind is pushing them.

There's got to be a Giants Game on today... Of course there is. It just started. Giants @ Rockies. Break out the 1949 Seals Cap for this game, Baby.

Watched the game. The Giants crushed the Rockies, again. 8-3 today. Yesterday, it was 10-5, Giants. We're playing good baseball. Johnny Cueto just about "got into it" with some Whiner from the Rockies in the 3rd inning. It was VERY un-Sportsman-like. I applaud Cueto for not charging the guy or talking a head shot at him. The Whiner hit into a double play after The Temper Tantrum. All Giants Fans dislike the Colorado Rockies. Almost as much as we dislike the Dodgers. Anyway, now on to Atlanta. I don't like the Atlanta Braves. "America's team" with that stupid Tomahawk Chop thing they do with the Fake Indian Chant... Fuck off and die. Booger Eatin' Crackers.  

Some people like to have Parties on Memorial Day and burn up some Weenies, drink too much, get D.U.I.'s, etc.. This is a somber event for me. Flag on the Apartment Door, a visual "Do Not Disturb Sign" for anyone with half a wit about themselves. We have lost Kids in my Family. Many members of my Family and Extended Family have fought in Wars. I am a Navy Lifer Brat. Today is not about Burning Weenies and Drinking Beer. I will make myself a Lunch with a Double Anchovy Cheese Burger, in Relative Paradise. No, there aren't any little fish on the Cheese Burger. I wouldn't "put it past myself" though. Stranger things have happened. Anchovy Daiquiris, for instance. (Not my idea) No, it was NOT Memorial Day either. It was: Sometime around Christmas, years back, at The World Famous Up & Up Tavern, in Bellingham, Wa.. Some Bright Bulb removed Ian's Mural (An homage to Michelangelo's "God Touching Adam's Hand" painting, with God pouring Ian a beer instead.)  from the front of the building. I guess it's alright. Ian passed away a few years back in Valdez (or was it Cordova?), Alaska. He looked like: "Hamish from Braveheart." Ian Relay was indeed, A Scotsman. Kilt wearing, Caber-Tossing BIG GUY. You wanted to be his Friend. Whether or not you actually were, was something he wouldn't have hesitated to inform you of. I called him Friend and as far as I was/am aware, the feeling was mutual and beneficial.

If you know "what this is" you are In The Club. Hint for the non-initiate: "48."



 -Doc

No comments:

Post a Comment