Saturday, April 25, 2015

"Agreements"

I have a Pet Peeve. The Cliff's Notes version of the story is: I HATE waiting around for people that don't show up, don't call and "waste my fucking time." Not like my time is worth $100.00 an hour or anything anymore but, I consider the act of being "stood up" for anything a basic violation of Common Courtesy if not downright "Rude." I don't do it to others and I sincerely wish that people not do it to me. It's not that hard to find yourself with a Pink Slip in your Catcher's Mitt around The Anchovy Ranch. I honor my agreements with people and I ask the same of others. If you "can't make it" due to unforeseen circumstances, have hands with opposable thumbs and know how to operate a telephone, at least have the courtesy to call and let me know that I'm chasing my tail waiting for your No Show.

I have someone on my "Crew" that isn't showing up for their wheel watch right now and it doesn't sit well with The Skipper. It's not a Gang, it's a fucking boat, f'er cryin' out loud. The rocks are really hard and will sink this SOB if you don't show up or go to sleep instead of paying attention and glancing over at the Loran every so often. Tie up the wheel and do a "walk-around" every couple of hours if you need some leg stretching. Tired? There's always coffee on the stove, No Doze in the Med. Cabinet. Rub some Cayenne pepper on y'er balls or a stick a Thai Bird Chili up y'er butt hole. It WILL keep you awake, I promise. Taser your scrotum if need be. If the vessel catches fire, wake my mangy arse up (I'll smell it before you do anyway, trust me). We'll put it out and head for the nearest Port Of Call. I'm NEVER that asleep. Few things in life are as scary as having your boat catch fire 200 miles offshore.

Anyway...You get the idea. It's Night Time In The Switching Yard. Don't fuck up, go to sleep and crash a couple 100 car trains head on.

Lazy sort of day around here. Tossing some stuff out that is either "broken" or that I haven't touched in 6 months. Making a bit more space to walk through and clear paths to stuff that I do still lay hands on and can't get to because of basic clutter. Listening to Phil Lesh and Friends and Lesh and Bob Weir's "Crusader Rabbit" shows from Mill Valley (?). I think my Buddy, Michael, ran monitors or something for those shows. They're pretty danged good. You can find them on archive.org . I burned them to CDR a couple years back. The Winter of CD Burning. When I first moved into the current version of The Anchovy Ranch.

Hundreds of 700 Mb CD's. Printed labels from archival photo's for them all, made liner notes, set lists and filed them away in The Holy Dresser Of Music. A whole chest of drawers full of CD's and posters, etc.. Danish Moderne, of course. One of these days, I'm going to have that piece of furniture "tank dipped" in a caustic agent and refinish it in nothing but spar varnish. The stuff you use on masts of sail boats. A wonderful varnish. It darkens White Ash to a really bitchin' mellow dark cream color. It's a well made piece. Worth saving.

Back to The Drudge (with a good soundtrack)...


Hugs and kisses, Cupcake,
-Doc



 

No comments:

Post a Comment