Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Fuck Baltimore. Pray For Nepal.

Yea, Baltimore is a mess. I remember it being a shit hole in the early 60's. My Mom absolutely refused to live there when my Dad was at the Naval Academy in Annapolis. She wasn't a big fan of "Navy Housing" either but, that's where we ended up.

How about the thousands of people that have died in Nepal over the last week? They deserve nothing less than complete empathy and aid. Get it to 'em quick! I find myself wishing that I had taken someone up on their offer to be an emergency aid worker for the American Red Cross when I had that chance. I'd be in Nepal, not Baltimore. Let's contrast the two places: People in Baltimore are looting and burning their own neighborhoods. People in Nepal are trying to pick the dead bodies out of what's left of their villages. It's a shame the two things are occurring simultaneously. The "News" is all Baltimore. Nepal is deserving of WAY more coverage and support. You can thank the Rupert Murdoch's of The World for that kind of reporting.  

My current residence is well within striking distance of a big quake on the Mendocino Triple Fault, off of Cape Mendocino. It's where the Big One will either start or finish. I don't think about it much. I was a Nipper right on top of the San Andreas in San Francisco. The street cars were shakier than the earthquakes. I still don't notice anything less than a 5.0. I certainly "noticed" the 6.7 we had a couple years ago. My old solid wood house (built of Red Oak 2"x4" flat stacked lumber the same year I was born) is still here. It's 60 years old and still solid as a Giant Redwood. Huff and puff all ye' want...

Spent a few hours today Mastering off a cassette to send to my Pal, Lou Seal, in Seattle. My Spastic/Cosmic Cowpunk Dance Ditty, "Ted Kaczynski Shack" (about a little converted Gardener's Shed I once rented, not the Mad Scientist guy in Montana's house) ought to get a smile outta' her. The Ted Shack was ridiculously small but shelving and a low loft solved that problem. It was an "inbetween house" anyway. Next to the radio station in a tiny North Coastal 'Burgh in Mendocino County. I know the disc jockeys heard me and wondered what the heck I was up to. Anyway, I finally found the many feet of tape I wanted to edit and re-Master. The one song took at least five or six Maxell XL II 90's to get the piece "right." I still want to tweak it some more but, there comes a time to just walk away and do something else too. I'm pleased with the mix on the vocal cut and the instrumental underpinnings of it. I should just digitize it and forget it.

Baked pork chops with Chipotle spiced potatoes and tomatoes, curried rice for dinner tonight. I started cooking later than usual, which means that eating will probably make me go to sleep. I rarely eat as late as 20:00. It'll probably be dark and sleepy around here right after I finish, if I finish.

Listening to Widespread Panic while cooking. The "Ain't Life Grand" recording right now. It's pretty bitchin'.


Remain Calm And Get Y'er Hands Out Of Your Pockets,
-Doc      

  

No comments:

Post a Comment