Monday, April 6, 2015

Good Friday, O.K. Sunday

Easter. Days like that mean something to some people. Jesus rose from the dead, all that. I wrestle with the concept. Neither do I "count it out" nor declare my personal disbelief in the phenomena. It may have happened. Call me "Agnostic." (YOUR'E AGNOSTIC!) I call myself a Pantheist. Then again, I may just be a pot of Petunia's. Thank you, Douglas Adams. And: "So long and thanks for all the fish."

Then again, I don't "believe" in Bigfoot, The Swamp Monster or Yeti-like and/or mythical creatures of any sort. I've spent allot of time in the wilderness and the strangest creature I've ever imagined was a Platypus with nice breasts. But, that was actually something that manifested itself in someone else's weird dream. I have seen: A Grizzly Bear take a Beaver out of his pond and munch on it, a pack of wolves run down a Caribou cow and eat it and geese take a nose dive into the ground in a down draft. A Hoodoo. That's what Alaskans call them, anyway. Except Sarah Palin. She sees Vladimir Putin's ghost "Rearing his little head" (it is kind of petite) from her back porch in Wasilla. Which, is impossible. I've been to Wasilla. My friends own property there. You can't "see Russia" from Wasilla. You see mountains, trees and speed freak Hillbillies.. I have seen snarling dogs with heads that looked like very deep water fish, the ones with stiletto teeth, in dreams caused by fever. None of them looked like Sarah or Vladimir.

So it goes.

I digress. March 5, 2015. Easter. (Seemed early to me but, what the hey? Not my kind of Holiday anyway.) Painted eggs, scary huge Bunnies, etc.. My Neighbor's birthday. I took him one of those "wrapper in paper Apple Pie" things, with a scoop of French Vanilla ice cream and some Cinnamon Schnapps poured over the whole mess. Made him blow out the candle immediately. Slight chance of ignition. 100 proof. He scarfed it right down after being warned of the fire probability. No burns incurred. Not enough facial hair.

Rain today. Sunny Tamale. Beer later. Breakfast, first. I slept late. It'll be Noon soon enough. Coffee will "do" until the beer thing. Might as well be both "awake and high." Put on the rain gear, take a walk, later. Thank God for rain gear. I like the sound of water hitting polyethylene.

Watching "Life After People" on H2. It's an entertaining premise. Life with nobody around to fuck things up.



MY shit. So far...Is not: "fucked up." Give it a few years. I'm sure something bad will happen.

-Doc

  

No comments:

Post a Comment