Monday, June 6, 2016

D-DAY

My Uncle, "H.G. Shook, Colonel, USAAC/USAF, (ret.)" was a P-47 Pilot, a Base Commander, my Mom's Older Bother and My Uncle. He still is all of those things.

Hal was one of the first wave of Fighter Pilots, from his Squadron in Winkton, U.K., flying from England into Normandy. He is also a "Tough Old Bird," a wonderful Uncle, Son, Big Brother and Human Being. He will not only show you proper respect, if deserved, but will be a Perfect Gentleman should you choose to return that respect. It would be advisable. He earned every bit you can muster. Be generous. Your courtesy will be returned.

I honor all those fine Military Personnel that served on this terrible day. You have earned every bit of the respect I can muster. You have earned it, in triplicate.

Thank you. Only tears will express my gratitude to a greater extent.

-Doc          

No comments:

Post a Comment