Wednesday, June 15, 2016

THE CONTINUING AGONY OF BUSTED ASS MACHINE(S)

My "NEW" Computer still does not work. The Tech spent four hours with it yesterday. The machine is F.U.B.A.R.. It seems there is some Flash Code Imprint Information that is "missing" from the Motherboard. That means that the serial numbers that activate the UVID (Universal Virtual Identification Number) cannot be entered. Which, in turn, means that the OS cannot be installed. I am losing my patience. I, still, own a $250.00 Paper Weight. FUCK.

The BIG QUESTION is: "How much money does the Manufacturer want to spend sending Tech's to my house before they cave in and send me a working machine?" $1,000.00 on Tech's for a $250.00 machine? What kind of business plan is THAT? How do these Fuckers stay in Business?

Up at my usual insane hour of 04:00, writing, reading, drinking Earl Grey, listening to music, doing that which Human beings are "best at": Wasting Time and Farting Around. Again, I borrow from Kurt Vonnegut. I believe the quote to be: "We are here to Fart Around. It's what we are best at." Kurt also said: "Babies, I will tell you One Thing: You've GOT TO BE KIND." I've never met a Kurt Vonnegut quote that I didn't like.

Today, I am pondering "what" to do with the $8.00 I have in my pocket. I'm thinking: "Peanut butter, bread, Top Ramen and maybe some sugar." I DO have food around here but, it's All The Little Things that make the difference.

Today's "project" is to fix the LED light strip to the underside of my kitchen cabinets. So I can actually "see what I'm doing with my dishwashing." The adhesive on the light strip doesn't "stick" so, I'm thinking: "Staple it to the underside of the cupboard." At least the staples could be pulled later to repaint, etc. and I have my lights. I DO NOT want to drive a brad through the light strip. It could screw up the wiring or something. It's fragile stuff. Structural Integrity is key. "Lighting" is one of those things I know a fair amount about. If I can stage light an A List Rock Band, I can do this tiny project. Ya' know? It's not Rocket Surgery.

Suzie, The Rocket Vacuum Cleaner (God Bless Her Dust Bag), might not agree but...

Suzie was NOT an Electrolux, she was a Sears Roebuck but, this is the general idea. I affixed some "Home Made Rockets" to her exterior frame and lit them off. She flew pretty good, for awhile. As previously stated: "We were Young, Bored and Had A Few Beers In Us" when we launched her into the desert. Early 1970's.



 R.I.P., Rocket Suzie. It was a Good Death. In The Name Of Science and Fun.

I'd like to Rocket Launch this Computer (The broken one, not this older backup machine I'm currently typing on) right about now but, I think I will let the Manufacturer do that deed.

Peace, Love and Amatuer Vacuum Cleaner Rocketry,
-Doc



 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment