Saturday, May 2, 2015

On Being A "Townie"

The good news is that it isn't a City. The downside is that it IS a town. During the school year, there are probably 75,00 or so people around here. Summers and Spring Break, we shrink back to "normal," what ever that means. More like 35,000 people or some such. Add in the Cheap Hanger's On and you boost the total to something around 100k folks. Morons from the Midwest (or wherever they come from) looking to cash in on the Marijuana-Bago scene. A motor home for crosseyed drivers...

I only go to "bars" during the day. I guess that means I'm "Old." The upside of that is that is: "I won't have to put up with this nonsense as long as the people I don't drink with." I read people 5X5. It takes me about 10 minutes to know whether or not I want to continue a conversation with anyone. I do make mistakes, sometimes. It's usually "worth the price of admission."

It's akin to doing the Set and Focus Drill when you're lighting a stage. Or, ascending a mountain. You're going to need two pairs of socks and Long John's if it's cold, either way.

Or, a good ZZ Top song to get y'er ass in gear.

 Or:




It's Saturday. Boogie Woogie Woogie, 'til your socks fall off.

-Doc

 

No comments:

Post a Comment