Thursday, January 22, 2015

Great Northern Beans and Corn Bread!

I am a Man of both simple and complex pleasures. I like beans and cornbread just as much as I do a 7 course French Supper, paper plates and plastic sporks as much as Silver, Linen, Crystal and China, Levi's and a T-Shirt as much as hand-tailored silk suits (No, I don't own any), watching a caterpillar emerge from its' chrysalis as much as a Busby Berkeley Style Tubes Show (I lit one of those, many years ago). Anyway, you get the idea. I've determined that most everything in life is, as least somewhat, circumstantial and dependant upon perception and the enjoyment of all possible combinations thereof. The view from a Manhattan Penthouse is NOT equal to the view from the top of a 14,000' mountain, however, whatever, whenever. I'll take the mountain anytime, every time.

Mt. Whitney, for instance:

   
Beat this, Manhattan:



Ain't gonna' happen.

My climbing days are "over" though. Too many injuries, getting: "Too old for that stuff, etc.." Glad I did it all when I was younger. My advice to any young person in good physical shape and a desire to "find out what's out there" is to buy yourself a couple pairs of good boots, suitable clothing, good 4 season tent, 0 degree sleeping bag (you can always sleep on top when it's warm), stove, etc. and start walking. You'll end up "somewhere" and know more than you do now, I promise. You can mail yourself the second pair of boots to a Ranger Station along your route. Just call them and let them know you'll walk in and pick them up, before you get there. It's got to be someplace where they get mail delivered by hand though. They're used to it and will enjoy your story. You'll probably get a cup of coffee out of the deal, if you're interesting. If not, you'll just get The Boots. Terrible pun, Doc...

New collectable baseball cap coming in the mail today. Truth is, I ordered the 1949 Seals Cap  before the 1940 Lefty O'Doul Model shown on the "About Me" rocker page top, right.  It tales the place I buy this stuff from, Ebbets Field Flannels, in Seattle, a long time to fill orders, because: They Do It Right The First Time.

"It ain't cheap but it's GOOD." A fine rule-of-thumb. Good stuff is never cheap and it usually weighs allot.

I'm sharing some of The Delicious Beans N' Corn Bread with the neighbor(s). I always make "too much." Didn't feel like freezing the leftovers.

Listening to Stanley Clarke. I haven't heard him The Cat in a long time. Forgot how much I like some of his stuff. Particularly the straight Jazz material. Like this:


Enjoy every mouth full of whatever "IT" is.

Later, Over and Out, All That,
-Doc






No comments:

Post a Comment