Wednesday, January 14, 2015

What About The Creedence?

Impound Yard Cop: "Yea, we got a whole team of Detectives workin' on it right now. We got 'em workin' in shifts!"

Dude: "Oh! Jesus! What's that SMELL?"

IYC: "I think somebody used it as a toilet..."

Yesterday, I was reading an advert I received in the mail from an Insurance Company. More particularly, from a local agent for an Insurance Company. My Mom has suggested to me that I pick up a Renter's Insurance policy. So, I decided to investigate "what it would cost, what it would cover, etc." and was actually surprised by "how affordable and comprehensive" such a policy might be. $10.00 and change per month for a $25,000.00 home contents policy with a $500.00 deductible. Not only would it cover my Apartment's contents but, it would give me "temporary rental assistance" (in case there was a fire at my place and I had to live in a Hotel for awhile, etc.), travel insurance covering accidental death, loss of baggage, robbery, etc., cover any accidents that might happen to guests inside of my Apartment and a couple of other, lesser kinds of coverage.

"What about the Creedence tapes?" I jokingly asked the Gal on the phone. "Would it replace the Creedence?" She didn't "get it." I laughed and asked her if she'd ever seen The Big Lebowski. She laughed back and replied: "O.K. o.k., NOW I get the joke. "Mister Anchovy, you have an interesting sense of humor," she quipped. "You have no idea, Ma'am," I replied. In fact, not many people know how truly warped my Sense Of Human is. No typo's, there.

Not that there's a smidgen of comparison but, one of my Literary Heroes, Kurt Vonnegut, had a fairly twisted Sense Of Human. I would imagine that anyone that had gone through the Fire Bombing of Dresden, would. I have read most of his books and, no doubt, some of that has "rubbed off" on me.

I am listening to Creedence right now. Studio Out-Take of Travelin' Band, in fact. Johnny's voice is about gut-shot. You can hear him thinking to himself: "Fuck. I can't do this anymore today." Making an album is allot harder than people think it is. Most people, anyway. I Grokked it a long, long, time ago. I suppose that there are allot of people that don't "get" how much work goes into Rock and Roll Stage production, either. I got the Memo when I was 15 years old, when I began that part of my Professional Life. Now, Johnny's playing a Jam with Booker T.. "Born On The Bayou." Cosmo's Factory Expanded Re-Master. Check it out. Here's the whole Session from Fantasy Studios:


Of course, any mention of These Guys wouldn't be complete without a rendition of this gem: (This with Dave Grohl and Sound City Players):





And A Whole Show From Austin, Tx.:







It's the stuff that we "wished we could have heard in 1970" (In the case of the first vid here) but, that wasn't to be. It had to hide in a vault for about 40 years first. Damn you, Saul Zaentz.

I once saw Jerry Garcia, Merle Saunders, John Kahn, Ron Tutt, Tom Fogarty and Maria Muldar @ Keystone Central, San Francisco, around 1974-5 or so. Right next door to the Central SFPD Station for North Beach, if I recall correctly. Got to chat with Garcia, briefly. Visited my Grandma and drove back to SoCal.

Woke up at 03:00 again. Went back to sleep around 06:00 and got up for real around 10:00. Military time, you ask? Habit? Former Military? Nah. Fish Business and just plain and simple, no mistaking "what time I'm talking about." I have the digital readout on my watch set to Mil-Spec Time too. O.K., so, I worked in the fish business. Sea Time is Military Time. Big Woop.

Guy #1: "You smell that?"

Guy #2: "Yea, it stinks like dead fish."

Guy #1: "Nah, that's MONEY!"

I must have forgotten how much I like Creedence or something. Real Good on Sennheiser headphones! Had to switch over to the Amp. These Guys were the only Rock Band my second Stepfather ever liked. I thought he was an Idiot at the time but, maybe he was right. About This One Thing, anyway. Actually, I liked Creedence allot at the time but, it: "Just Wasn't Cool" to like what your Dad liked, at the time. Even if he was a pretty cool musician in his own rite. I have 5.5 hours of C.C.R. on my machine. I guess you could say I like 'em.

This: http://cimss.ssec.wisc.edu/cras/cras45_NA/12/index_850_l_loop.html may or may not mean anything to you but, if you're any kind of Sailor, it should. I love weather data, for some warped reason. My Biological Father was a USAF Long Range Weather Prognosticator. Germany, during The Korean Conflict.

Out,
-Doc





     



No comments:

Post a Comment