Monday, January 12, 2015

Writing/Not Writing

Today, I did not write. Deal with it. I did, however, come back to "Edit." Go figure.

This was one of the first bands I ever went to see Live. I should say: "Paid to see Live." The first "concert I ever went to in my life was: Blood, Sweat and Tears and John Mayall with John Mark and John Almond. David Clayton Thomas was in rare form that night. '67 or '68. (WONDERFUL!) I saw Ian Anderson and Co. with Led Zeppelin in Sandy Eggo. Sometime in Autumn of 1969. Zep fired Tull after that gig. People were screaming: "Jethro Tull! Jethro Tull!" halfway through L.Z.'s set.

Then again, I had previously seen, by sheer happenstance: The Grateful Dead, Jefferson Airplane and "what would become "Santana" in Golden Gate Park, with my Grandmother, in 1966 or '67, gratis. It's been awhile since I have thought about this stuff. Gramma' Juanita and I did Golden Gate Park Sunday Adventure Days when I was either 12 or 13. THAT SUMMER in The City. Pure Magic, Paisano.

Here's "why" L.Z. fired Tull (A Timeless Recording):


I completely wore the grooves off of this album. And: "This Was," "Stand Up" and all the other early Tull records. Laying between the speakers of my cheesy Sears and Roebuck "record player." Heaven & Tea.

"I came across Mother Goose and She turned me loose..." (By Aqualung, I Had A Much Better Rig.) 

Y'er Pal, 

-Doc

No comments:

Post a Comment