Sunday, January 18, 2015

Not Writing, Again

I must admit to being somewhat of a Slacker lately. I've been wrestling with a few things. The Charlie thing, the rise of domestic spawned violence, various "plots" and "Copy Cat" shite, a Creepy, General Malaise about "Where This World's Going Lately" and, most importantly, This:

The Grateful Dead's Golden Jubilee at Soldier Field over the 4th of July weekend this coming Summer.

Ten really good reasons "why" I won't attending:

1. Trey Anastasio. Because? "Ew, Trustafarians."

2. Soldier Field in July. You'll be able to smell the restrooms in Boston. Or, there'll be a tornado.

3. Possible riots when the crowd realizes that "They've Been Had."

4. Chicago, in general.

5. No additional Tour Dates. Three Dates And They're "Out."

6. I may just be Salmon fishing in Washington State anyway.

7. I hate the smell of Axe Body Spray mixed with Patchouli Oil.

8. I can watch the whole thing on YouTube, later. Or buy the DVD for half the price of going to Chicago.

9. I saw my first Dead Show, in San Francisco, in 1967, FOR FREE and NOTHING IS THE SAME.

10. $60.00 "Nosebleed Seats" will be going for $300.00 by showtime. Front and Center? Forget it.



Sorry, Kiddies. I have NEVER understood why ANYBODY likes Phish. Some people like to refer to them as "The Heirs Apparent to The Dead's Legacy." Fat chance. There will never be another Grateful Dead. Period.

Now then. I have exorcised ONE Demon. I'll save the others for when we find out "Who's Going To The Super Bowl." My heart and money in "All In" for Seattle and The N.E. Patriots. MY two teams have ALWAYS been the 49ers and Seattle, in that order.

This is a weird game, already. 10:24 left in the 1st Q. Pair of turnovers. Make it 3. Two G.B. field goals.

Patriots and Colts @ 15:30 later today.

Out,
-Doc

No comments:

Post a Comment