Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Cinco De Drink-O y Pinko

"Amatuer Hour" in other words. Some drunk always whacks a power pole in my neighborhood, knocking out the juice (electricity kind) and leaving the 'hood in the dark with nothing but batteries and candles. Fine with me. I need a quick trip to the 19th Century every so often. I conjure up my cabin outside of Homer, Ak. and Huge, the dog. We had electricity but, when not needed, I'd use oil lamps and the wood stove. Even had a Hillbilly Hot Tub out in the yard. With a cinder block base to build a wood fire underneath. Plenty of candles and batteries around here. No Huge to discuss Philosophy or take a moonlight stroll with though. His philosophical outlook on life was simple: "Woof!" I had a firm faith in his sentience.

Windy/blustery/Blowin' In The Wind kinda' day out there today. The Ides of May? Makes it hard to keep water on the dirt where new flowers live. My new Landlord has me charged with keeping H20 on the Rhododendrons and Hydrangeas he just planted. They're being well looked after. We (I) like them. The Rhody's, that is. Hydrangea? Eh. There certainly are allot of them around town. The Rhody's, we're a close second to Portland, when it comes to their population. The flowers, not the humans. I found some that bear a similarity to an orchid, in their blossom color scheme. A variegated purple, yellow, pink and cream color. Very pretty. All flowers that I pick go to the neighbor that just had her foot operated on. My hunch is that it lets her know "someone's thinking about her." My Mom got a Rhody T-shirt and a denomination of cash to go buy herself a good quality Chardonnay with for Mother's Day. I can't stand the stuff but, ce la vie. On My Planet, the only palatable use of white wine is to marinate fish in for smoking. I'm going to smoke some chicken this weekend. I'll use fruit juice, a bit of Chardonnay, salsa, Kosher salt, Rosemary and cilantro for that.

"Oh Well." The Leo Kottke version w/Mike Gordon from Phish:



The Bob Welch version: (Which I like better than the original Fleetwood take, even with Green and Kirwain)




-Doc Around The Block









 

No comments:

Post a Comment