Tuesday, May 12, 2015

It Is (was) Supposed To Rain Today

Personally, I don't see it happening. At least, not around my part of town. I'll go out later and water the New Landlord's Hydrangea plants and whatnot. Then, clean up around the house and putter around until nap time. I got up at about 01:00 after falling asleep way too early. So, now I'm sitting around drinking coffee and watching whatever shit comes on TV. This time of the morning it's usually some bad movie or The Nazi Channel (AHC). I ate a big bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios.

Kinda' sorta' listening to Jerry Joseph and Wally Ingram in the background. Found a couple of coolish live Jerry Joseph and The Jackmormons shows from the early 1990's to listen to on ReListen, a great little Jammy sort of music service. Hey, it's free. Lots of stuff that's already on www.archive.org and what have ya'. There's a good representation of Jerry's stuff on Spotify as well. The only thing(s) missing is Little Women. Must be a "who owns the copyright" issue. I spent the night in Jerry's basement after driving with a drummer from Salt Lake City, Jim Bone. I left the next day to meet my boat in Ballard, Wa. and settled into life aboard the P/V Bering Star for the next 6 months.

Another BIG earthquake in Nepal. Like they needed that one. This was a 7.4 pointer. It's got to be a fucking mess over there. There's a "missing" USMC Helo somewhere over there, too.

Kim Jong "Gangnam Style" Un supposedly test-launched an intercontinental ballistic missile from a submarine the other day. What a Rodeo Clown that guy would be, if he weren't so plain stupid/scary.


So. It is being kicked around that he'll be able to blow up California in about 5 years. (Not to mention "outsource the nuclear technology" to a few few tasty Rogue Nations here and there) Could you please make it East Los Angeles that you blow up, Mister Un? Or just Orange County or something? Maybe Disneyland? Dodger Stadium would be okay too. Canada, here I come...

Maybe I'll just go back to bed now instead of later. The World Blows Dead Bears. Again.

-Doc

Add addendum: Now it's almost Noon. I've been "up" a few hours. Currently listening to Pete Townshend's "Scoop 3" (while drinking more, fresh, coffee) which, I think, is a wonderful recording. There's a beautiful piano and voice cut of Eminence Front on it. I've always loved that song. Just the way it syncopates and is so rhythm driven. All in all, I like Pete's solo stuff better than I like The Who. Which is not to say that I don't like The Who, by any means. Anybody that doesn't like The Who is a head-up-his-or-her-ass Poindexter, Bear Fellatio, Artiste. One of the most important Rock bands, ever.

Listening to Pete sing in German is really nice. "Parvardigar." I wasn't aware he spoke German until I first heard this recording, years ago. Seine Aussprache sehr gutt.



Gutes zuhoren!

Now, to the housework...

-Doc



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment