Friday, December 12, 2014

Bands that I would still pay to see/hear

I don't "Pay To Go To Shows." I have a talent and/or "know enough names" to skate by upon.

However, there are exceptions. About a dozen or so:

1. Ryland Cooder, anywhere, anyway, anytime.

2. David Lindley. Same set o' rules.

3. Rory Gallagher, if he were still around.

4. Flaco Jimenez. At the drop of a hat and a $50.00 cab ride.

5. Jimmy Herring, with ANY BAND.

6. Tom Waits.

7. Bonnie Raitt. (Just "because")

8. Ernie Lancaster. (Listen to the guy, sometime.)

9. Anders Osbourne.

10. Steve Earle

11. Derek Trucks

12. Steve Vai.

Well, make it a Baker's Dozen:

#13: John Hartford.

(O.K. B.D + one:)

14. Tom Petty (Preferably, solo.)

Plus 2: Gary Moore. (Because the guy's just a shit-nuts Blues Guitar Player)

Mike Keneally too. (Check out the CD/LP "Dog" Fe'r instance. The sumofapick can play the fine hair off of a frog. From "Dog," a personal favorite is the song "Pride Is A Sin." Check it out on YouTube if'n ye' want.

There are more, of course. But, like I said: "I can charm the knickers off of a Nun at a show. I have various forms of  Evil Trickery up my sleeve(s)." Only one in my pants. And, if the Stagehand's a Girl, it's "over."

The rain has kept me indoors awhile. I went for a walk earlier but, I think I need another.

After all: "Walk Til Ya' Puke" didn't happen by some typographical error. It's a way of life. I actually: "Love To Walk." The more miles, the merrier. Back in The Old Days, I thought "nothing" about strapping on 80 lbs. and "disappearing" for a few weeks. I can't carry 80 lbs. anymore. Injuries. Pain. My left shoulder/back/neck just won't cooperate.

Mister Ryland, und alles:

http://youtu.be/vw1SCbpwnwE

Ye'r Bestest Buddy! In The Whole Wild, Raped-Ape, World,
-Doc Oddball (Woof! Woof!)



No comments:

Post a Comment