Saturday, December 6, 2014

December 5th

I don't "do" much on December 5th. It was Sophie Tucker/Janis Joplin's whiskey voice and Rickie Lee Jones', Doppelganger's birthday. A few of the things that obliged me to marry her. I smootch her photograph, have a drink or three in her honor and generally "take the day off." Yea, I'm a Romantic Fool. Serves me well/right. Whatever you may want to term that set of emotions. Worn upon my sleeve, as they should be.

It's 18:00. I think I'll re-hit the sack and write more later. I feel a tinge of "sleep felt really good" coming back upon myself. I pay attention to those nudges. Having been sick for the last four days, I probably need it anyway. They're (the nudges) usually more true than not. Besides, I'm one of those guys that finds it easy to "get up, move around a bit, have a cup of coffee and go back to bed." It's a Fisherman thing, I guess. Maybe I'm a semi-insomniac/back seat of a limo with a blanket, limo between L.A. and Santa Barbara Guy. Does it matter? Just don't play The Eagles or you'll have to throw me out someplace around Malibu. The Sheriff's gonna' kick my ass and I'll be hiring Ron Kube. Or, Richard Kunstler.

 http://youtu.be/Mo3lxKrjABE?list=RD0otLhqSYCo0  

Doc to ya, later.

Damn it. I hate Google Translator. Not only does it change the typeface but, it likes to "decide what color my type should be." I had meant to include: "Hugs and kisses" in German along with a Tubes song: "Talk to You Later" in closing the last bit but Noooo, Google Translator doesn't LIKE that. Fuck 'em.

My Buddy, Hanley, used to be Prairie Prince's "Drum Guy." Both are Bitchin' Dudes. Prairie still beating skins, Hanley spiking somebody's kit in Heaven.

 http://youtu.be/3eHue2jSw3s

Prarie in a live video: http://youtu.be/Ry1myacv2BE

Herr Prince is a great drummer. Dig his chops here. A flam and a roll, crash, dodge, tempo switcheroo here and there but, mostly just stock "fat back" solid shit. What a rhythm guy is supposed to do. And, he's doing it very, very, well.

Back to rack.

Doc is done. On both sides.










No comments:

Post a Comment