Monday, December 8, 2014

Well, Well, Well

At least it ain't December 5th or 7th anymore. I done told ya' about the 5th. You already know about Dec. 7th, 1941, if'n you've had a Cat Scan that doesn't resemble two peanuts fighting their way out of a cantaloupe. Friendly hint: The peanuts lose if you've less than 120 of 'em.

Got the Sennheiser 'phones cranked up, listening to Derek Trucks, whom I love to listen to. He and his wife.

The Sennheiser's are knit-picky though. They reproduce more bass than God and are probably the incorrect resistance for my amp. Fuck it. They were a $200.00 pair for $30.00. I wan't passing them up. Over the ear, semi-noise-cancelling, too-thin cable. Good for the house, with a certain amount of care. Correctly mixed, they sound fine.

Lots of people say Derek sounds like The Allman Joys. Or Duane. Which is total horsecrap. Dickie's in there but, hey, he grew up in that family. How could one NOT sound like his peers? I find nits and pieces of lots of influences of this and that in his pieces.

I play my Dad's sax riffs on guitar. Both 6 string and slide. I play notes notes that are from Sousaphone. Sing from piano, etc..

Now, I'm listening to Derek with Buddy Miles. I hear his voice. My Buddy, Hanley, worked for him. I "know" his signature. Don't need the credits. Got the Fatback. (If it isn't Buddy, it sure as Hell sounds like him)

Hide the microphones. Buddy and Mic's don't mix. Everything from AKG's to Telefunken. (A "Buddy Miles Alert" would actually be issued upon his arrival to certain Los Angeles recording studios. Buddy, it seems, liked to powder his nose allot. Mic's were a good source of liquid revenue.)

It's either "raining or blowing" around here. Take y'er pick. I', either "staying in" or taking a walk with my new raingear.



A wonderful weather map: (and a song) With Derek, Jimmy, Warren and Co..

http://youtu.be/cpbsXXtVTSc

Y'er Pal,

-Doc-O-Matic


 



  





No comments:

Post a Comment