Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Naked, Alive, With Fear And Loathing

I fear "Other Humans." They're unpredictable, insensitive and, most of 'em, less intelligent than y'ers truly. I have an I.Q. that hovers around 140-150. Like that really matters. The test is skewed toward White, Suburban, Middle Class, Men. I am three of those things. Once in awhile, I meet someone worth talking to. Mostly, people are boring. They need: "Books with pictures, not words."

All Kicking Hornets' Nests aside... How Fucking Dumb Are We, as a subspecies? Pretty damned dumb.

The Dominant Creature? Go Screw Yourself. "Really." We're smart enough to kill ourselves and each-other and that's about the extent of our "intelligence." About 1,000,000% more money is spent exploring ways to kill people as is spent on ways to save people. Or, kill/poison this Cosmically Small Blue Ball we call "home."

"We could have saved the Planet but, we were just too damned lazy." -Kurt Vonnegut

Climb to the top of something that makes you shit your pants. Channel Yvonne Chouinard or Reinhold Messner. Think you know how to climb? Ask either of them. If their Pure Spirit doesn't scare the living crap out of you, I don't have any faith in The Human Race. I'll retract that. I had very little to start with so, the point is fairly moot.

Get into that harness. Get on belay. Turd. Haul line to/from/with your Buddy/Buddies. Turd. Hoist same. Turd. Find your place in The Big Line. Squirt. Death or destiny. Burp, turd, squirt. Your Buddy just "fell?" HUGE BIG TURD. Is he/she dead? Do you get to pack them out? Do you radio Mountain Rescue? Your dime, your call.

Been there? Done that? Got the hat? Show me/tell me about it.

"You Lost: "WHAT?"

Guess you're gonna die here, Pal.

"Yo!, Waitress..." Does not apply here. You, ice fields and clouds, Buddy. You're: "On your own."

Denali:


-Doc O'Belay



No comments:

Post a Comment