Saturday, December 27, 2014

It's Almost Over

"The Holidays." Every year, I get so tired of the whiplash of Halloween through Christmas/New Year's Sale-O-Rama that I could, quite literally, PUKE! "It's Halloween! It's Thanksgiving! It's Christmas! New Year's! They all sort of blur into one another, don't they? The second Halloween is past, Bingo! It's Thanksgiving! Thanksgiving through New Year's, ditto.

By the time New Year's rolls around, I'm fairly beat up. And, my wallet's empty.

I'm also very tired of people wishing me Happy/Merry Whatever. Like they really Give A Shit. It seems to be more of a taunt than a "well wishing" allot of the time. People say "Merry Christmas" and wait for your appropriate response or they get pissed off if you don't respond, lock-step in kind. Like They Give A Shit.

DishTV, my satellite provider, is having a snit with Fox News right now. Fine with me. At least I didn't have to surf past Bill NotReally's gaggle of Bubble-Headed-Bleached-Blondes drone on about The War On Christmas. Like I Give A Shit. You'd have to tie me into a Lazy Boy and hit me with 20mg's of Valium to make me watch Faux Newz. Or, ANY TV Newz, for that matter. The ONLY exceptions being PBS News Hour and my local "news" channel. I'll READ my news, thank you. From the head-end feeds, on the computer.

It's 05:30. Coffee and "Mythbusters." More later. Maybe.

It's "cold out there" this morning. 35 degrees, almost. Not exactly Alaskan Ocean In January (Done that, got the hat) "cold" but, I woke up in the middle of the night and put a sweatshirt on. I favor clothing over running the heater every-time. I'm not even going to bother going outside/letting the heat out of here to see if there's frost on the lawn. I know there is.

My Buddy, "Sleeve Job" is freezing his 'nads off on the Skagit/Whatcom Counties' Line. One of those "Get Up In The Middle Of The Night And Throw Another Log In The Stove" nights. Here, it's just Close To The Bay "cold." Piece of cake.


prog chart--

No comments:

Post a Comment